Saturday, September 11, 2010

Remembrance.

(Source)

I remember where I was nine years ago today. Like all of us, I was in disbelief and absolutely glued to the television. I didn't see the first plane hit the first tower, but I watched in horror as the second plane flew into the second tower. I cried. I wasn't home, but I immediately called home to let my dad know that I was safe. And to say how sorry I was for having let our relationship get strained.

I was so proud of how we as Americans stood together as a country. I cried for the men and women who lost their lives and for their families. I was so proud of the brave firefighters and police officers who didn't hesitate to go and help others and lost their lives in the process. As the wife of a firefighter, I'm grateful for their courage more than ever--because I know that selflessness firsthand.

Take the time out today to let your family know you love them, because life is precious and fleeting. And cherish the freedom that we have. Take comfort in knowing that the events of September 11, 2001 did not shatter us. Rather, we are all stronger for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Wea" heart comments!
Hope you have a blessed day!
=)