Monday, February 21, 2011

Busy, busy!

This week is going to be very busy! Don't get me wrong, I'm totally grateful and praising the Lord for this surge of freelance work. But to add to that, my bestie, Katie and I are gonna be eyeballs deep in crafting for our other bestie's baby shower on Saturday! (did you get all that?)
 
[Here we are with mama Minh-Thi and Katie's cutie pie daughter, Amelie. NYE 2010]
[Here is the couple of honor with baby Miles.]

Katie and I couldn't wait to plan a shower together. We used to work at the same advertising firm, so it was like old times--albeit in different cities. Me in Orlando and she in Savannah. We started when she visited over the holidays and came up with a vintage travel theme, playing off the baby's name, Miles.

We collaborated with the invitation and came up with this:
To add to the travel theme (not to mention save on postage!), I printed these out as post cards! Then I distressed them to give it that vintage feel.
I even found this vintage "Post Card" clip art, from Martha Stewart, I believe. Just gives it that old-timey feel. I even surprised the clerk at the post office. He thought they were totally old!
I'm totally stoked to see Katie in a couple of days. In between freelance jobs, I get to craft with her again. It's gonna be awesome!

2 comments:

  1. OM Goodness..you could totally be a party stylist!! How did you get the distressed look on the invites? Did you burn the edges?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks, Kim! I used Tim Holtz's Distress Ink pad in Vintage photo for the edges and smudges. Time consuming, but the results are worth it!
    http://www.rangerink.com/products/prod_dyeink_distresspads.htm

    ReplyDelete

"Wea" heart comments!
Hope you have a blessed day!
=)