Monday, April 18, 2011

In case you haven't heard...


[source]
Two Weas are moving to HAWAII!!!


Yep, you read that correctly. Weas are movin'! This, my friends, is the main reason why I've been so MIA from the blog. Things are happening so quickly, but looking at the big picture... we have been wanting and waiting to move to Hawaii for years now.

The hubs got a new Medic job working for a company called CSC. He will be working out of Schofield Barracks, located in central Oahu. Hubs has to go first. He starts May 16, which means he leaves FL in about three weeks' time!

I, on the other hand, have to remain in FL all summer. Because of this [not so] little guy...
But with a face like that, how could you be mad at him? HI is a rabies free state, and would like to stay that way. This means the pet importation rules and laws are SUPER strict. There is a 120-day waiting period for pets entering into the state. This waiting period begins the day after their appointed lab gets the pet's blood for the rabies titer. This puts our arrival in HI to about mid-August.

Well, my bestie is getting married on Labor Day weekend and the plan was for us to fly back here for that. I figured I might as well wait until after her wedding for Moosh and I to move.

BUT ("that's a really big butt..." -- quick! name that movie!)... I do plan on flying out to HI, sans doggie, for a week in July for our anniversary. (TWO YEARS already, can you believe it?!) This way, it breaks up my wait for being apart so long, AND I won't bee too jealous that he's in paradise and I'm still stuck in FL! HA! =)

So, yes, HUGE deal for The Weas! Everything definitely happens in God's time and we are both so humbled and overwhelmed by all that is happening. I can't wait to see all of what He has in store for us!

New adventures coming soon!

4 comments:

  1. OMG!!! I've been praying for you guys!!! For you and Chuck, I know that God gives us the desires of our hearts - so He totally came through! I can't believe it's really happening though! You are going to be SOOooOoOooOooo missed!!!! I'm already missing you! BUT...I have a GREAT reason to plan another trip to Hawaii. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHHHH! How exciting! Congrats!
    I miss Hawaii! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi hazel! i'm so excited for you! :) yay, neverending ocean!

    ReplyDelete

"Wea" heart comments!
Hope you have a blessed day!
=)