Monday, September 20, 2010

Thirty Days of Me - Day 19

Day 19: Nicknames you have; why do you have them

Let's see... Nicknames. I have a ton. I don't even know where to begin!

Tok Neneng: This is what I grew up being called, from my childhood days in the Philippines. "Neneng" is another word for little girl in Tagalog. And I'm not exactly sure where "Tok" came from, because that's not a word at all. As I grew older, Tok Neneng just got shortened to Tok. My dad was the only one that really called me that, so it's pretty dear to me.

Hazzle Razzle Dazzle: This came out of nowhere. I think I was in high school. A friend of mine came up with it. Didn't really catch on after high school until...

HAH-zul: What my adorable sister-in-law calls me. She's so precious. She can't pronounce "Hazel" normally, so she says it "HAH-zul." And I'm always greeted with: "Oh, hi, HAH-zul!" I love it. It's stuck. And my mother-in-law sometimes shortens it and calls me "Hahz."

Hay-sel: Just because it's the way my name sounds when my mom says it, in her Filipino accent. hee hee!

Do you have any nicknames? I'd love to hear 'em, so please feel free to share! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Wea" heart comments!
Hope you have a blessed day!
=)